Summer is officially underway. Are your kids bored yet? Well today, I have a couple of different options that sure would give your kiddos a summer to remember and not break the bank!
First up, how about some free bowling? From now until August 31, 2018, children 15 and under can bowl completely free at the following locations:
- Pin Strikes, 6241 Perimeter Drive
- Spare Time in Chattanooga, 5518 Brainerd Rd.
- Spare Time, Hixson at 5530 Hixson Pike.
- Cosmic Bowl at 2208 Cleveland Hwy in Dalton.
- Calhoun Bowling Center, 123 Columbus Circle NE in Calhoun, Georgia
You can go whenever you would like, except for Fridays and Saturdays, and all you have to pay for is the shoe rental. To sign up, go to www.kidsbowlfree.com. You will also receive weekly coupons via email this way.
Next up, what about going to the movies? it is so much fun, yet so expensive, right? Well, this summer you can catch movies at the Regal 8 movie theater at Hamilton Place for only $1.00. Yep, you heard it right, $1.00. You cannot beat that! Every Tuesday and Wednesday mornings starting at 10 a.m., each movie that is played is played two times and each one has a running time of at least 90 minutes. Sounds like fun to me! Find out more information at www.regmovies.com/movies/summer-movie-express. Below you can find a list of the different movies that will be played each week.
- June 5-6 : "The Iron Giant" and "Curious George"
- June 12-13 : "Despicable Me" and "Ice Age: Collision Course"
- June 19-20 : "Storks" and "Mr. Peabody & Sherman"
- June 26-27 : "Despicable Me 2" and "How To Train your Dragon 2"
- July 3-4 : "The Lego Movie" and "Alvin and the Chipmunks"
- July 10-11 : "Sing" and "The Peanuts Movie"
- July 17-18 : "The Lego Ninjago Movie" and "Ferdinand"
- July 24-25 : "The Secret Life of Pets" and "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel"
- July 31-Aug 1 : "The Lego Batman Movie" and "Trolls"
Last but not least, have you ever considered a "Playground Tour?"
This is a cool thing that could keep your kids occupied for weeks! There are so many different playgrounds in the Hamilton County area, why not try them all? Below is a list of just some of them:
- Imagination Station in Collegedale
- Kid's Corner in Red Bank
- Mountain Maze on Lookout Mtn.
- Pioneer Frontier in East Ridge
- Pumpkin Patch Playground in Walden
- Scramble Alley in Soddy Daisy
And a bonus for you this week, do not forget, there are so many Vacation Bible School's going on this summer, you will not want miss them! VBS is usually for ages 3- middle school. Kids will spend a couple of hours singing songs, creating crafts, and learning lessons on faith. Keep your eyes open, there are signs for the many different VBS's going up everywhere!