This morning we talked about Christina Verrelli's Pillsbury Bake-Off award winning recipe. She created a Pumpkin Ravioli with Salted Caramel Whipped Cream from Pillsbury Crescent dough sheets, canned pumpkin and cream cheese. Sounds delicious!
Apparently the judges thought it was and they awarded her $1 million and a $10,000 kitchen makeover with GE kitchen appliances.
Here is the recipe:
Create a sweet new twist on pumpkin ravioli with flaky crescent dough, cream cheese and caramel sauce. Mmmmm.
Prep Time: 1 Hr 10 Min
Total time: 1 Hr 10 Min
Makes 12 (2 ravioli each) servings
4 Tbls LAND O LAKES Butter, melted
2 pkgs (3 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 LAND O LAKES Egg Yolk
1/2 tsp McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup sugar
5 tbls Pillsbury Best All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/3 cup Fisher Chef's Naturals Chopped Pecans, finelly chopped
2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheets
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/8 tsp sale
5 tbls Hershey's caramel syrup
4 tlbs McCormick Cinnamon Sugar
1. Heat oven to 375. Brush 2 large cookie sheets with 2 tbls of the melted butter. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and pumpkin with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth. Add egg yolk, vanilla, sugar, 3 tbls of the flour and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low speed until blended. Reserve 4 tsps of the pecans; set aside. Stir remaining pecans into pumpkin mixture.
2. Lightly sprinkle work surface with 1 tbls of the flour. Unroll 1 can of the dough on floured surface with 1 short side facing you. Press dough into 14x12-inch rectangle. With paring knife, lightly score the dough in half horizontally. Lightly score bottom half of dough into 12 squares (3x2 1/4-inch each). Spoon heaping tablespoon of the pumpkin filling onto center of each square. Gently lift and position unscored half of dough over filling. Starting at the top folded edge, press handle of wooden spoon firmly between mounds and along edges of pumpkin filling to seal. Using toothpick poke small hole in top of each raviolli. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut between each ravioli; place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Repeat with reamining 1 tbls flour, dough sheet and filling. Brush ravioli with remaining 2 tbls melted butter.
3. Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat whipping cream and salt with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Beat in 2 tbls of the caramel syrup until stiff peaks form. Transfer to serving bowl, cover and refrigerate.
5. Remove ravioli from overn. Sprinkle ravioli with 2 tbls cinnamon sugar; turn. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
6. To serve, place 2 ravioli on each of 12 dessert plates. Drizzle each serving with scant tsp of the caramel syrup; sprinkle with reserved chopped pecans. With spoon, swirl remaining 1 tbls caramel syrup into bowl of whipped cream. SErve warm ravioli with whipped cream.