APPLES TO APPLES
The object of the game is to win the most rounds by playing a "red apple" card (which generally features a noun) from one's hand to best "match" that round's communal "green apple" card (which contains an adjective) as chosen by that round's judging player. The game is designed for four to ten players and played for 30–75 minutes.
Below is a list of currently available distributions of Apples to Apples:
- Party Box - a combination of the original game and the first two "Expansion Sets"
- Party Crate - a premium version of the Party Box in a wooden box packaging.
- Party Box Expansion One - a combination of the original "Expansion Sets" 3 and 4
- Party Box Expansion Two
- Bible Edition
- Jewish Edition
- Junior Jewish Edition
- German Edition
- Yiddish Edition
- Disney Edition
- British Isles Edition
- Spanish edition: Manzanas con manzanas
- To Go - a portable version that includes all new cards.
- Family Edition
- Sour Apples to Apples - a variant in which the judge also chooses a "worst" answer. That player is given a punishment for the next round as determined by an included "spinner". All of the cards in this version are dual-purpose and contain a red half (noun) and green half (adjective) to be used depending on which role the card is used in.
- Big Picture Apples to Apples- a variant in which the red cards are pictures