There is no better time to address the importance of diabetes awareness then now, for two reasons:
1. Did you know that the average American gains between 8-12 pounds during the Holiday Season in the US? If you’re already overweight, inactive (avg. 30 minutes per day) and or diabetes runs in your family, you need to be concerned.
2. In my opinion, diabetes is the worst thing that you can be diagnosed with next to cancer. Why?
a. Diabetes leads to heart disease, amputations, blindness, kidney disease and much more.
b. Once diagnosed with diabetes, there’s already damage done to your heart.
c. Diabetes is hereditary due to DNA and lifestyle habits that are passed on from generation to generation.
d. Did you know that kids under the age of 14, once diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, are more likely to die from diabetes before their parents? Yes, it’s true!
If diabetes runs in your family, please insist during your yearly physical, that your doctor test you’re A1C and not just your Fasting Glucose. Why? Fasting Glucose could be manipulated with how well you behave the day prior to your physical. The A1C shows how well you’ve behaved in the past 3 month and not how well you ate the night before. The A1C is the most accurate. What should your numbers be?
If your Fasting Glucose is between 100-120, you’re a pre-diabetic.
If you’re A1C is between 5.7-6.4, you’re a pre-diabetic.
Please keep in mind that for every 1/10th of a point that you’re A1C goes up beyond 6.4, you will increase your chances of developing heart disease by 10%. How do you prevent or control diabetes?
- Be active for at least 30 minutes per day, and lose 5-7% of your body weight.
- Minimize food intake that converts to sugar such as: Potatoes, Bread, Corn, Pasta, Fruit, and Sweets.
- Take your meds as required by your doctor.
For more information about how to prevent or reverse diabetes, join the Hope 80/20 online program: www.hope8020.com / Please visit our Facebook page, like it and share it with your friends