12019 10 Worst Toys for Christmas
You probably have already received your kids well-thought out Christmas list. I remember receiving the Sears and JC Penney's Christmas "Toy Books" (Catalogs) in September. My brothers and I would fight over those two big books full of this year's toy ideas! We had to have what the cool kids were all getting for Christmas. From the new Star Wars Death Star playset to the latest video games and GI Joe battle vehicles and Batman's Bat Cave-we would initial, circle, write up our lists and give them to Mom, Grandma and anyone else we could think of.
W.A.T.C.H. loves the fact that kids get so excited about Christmas wishes but they want to make sure that the toys they want are safe. Each year they publish a list of the 10 Worst toys for Christmas.
- Nerf Ultra One by Hasboro can potentially cause eye injuries
- Spike the Fine Motor Hedgehog by Learning Resources Inc., can potentially be mouthed and block child's airway.
- Bunchems Bunch 'N build by Spin Master, LTD, has had reports of plastic, connective toys becoming ensnared in hair.
- Yeti by Douglas Co. Inc., could lose fiber-like hair, which presents potential aspiration or ingestion injuries.
- Nickelodeon Frozen Treats Slime by La Rose Industries LLC, has harmful chemicals even though it appears as food.
- Anstoy Electronic Toy Gun, makes a toy sub-machine gun possibly mistaken for lethal weaponry
- Diecast School Bus by Schylling, has rubber tires that can be removed and present choking injury for young children.
- Pogo Trick Board by Flybar Inc., warns about needing helmet to protect against high bounce balls but children on package don't wear helmets.
- Power Rangers Electronic Cheetah Claw by Hasboro, encourages children to use the toy to "take on...enemies."
- Pull Along Caterpillar by Viga, has 24-inch pull cord but doesnt' warn against dangers of strangulation or entanglement injiries.
As parents it is our repsonbility to check out these and all of the toys and items that our kids "really want" for Christmas.